Sometimes I have to shelter myself from how honestly I let you see me.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
When you truly love someone,
you do not give up.
You do not give up on your best friend,
your loved one.
You just don’t.
Someone once told me
that you can’t leave someone
when they need you the most
and come back into their life
when they have mended.
I almost walked away from you
because I was tired of being the only one
doing the fixing.
But I realized that
right now, you are a broken ceramic vase
and I held the glue.
I am the only one you trust enough
to put back the pieces.
So I cannot give up on you.
I will not give up on you.